http://lakesidemarinahickory.com/local-catch/local-catch-3/ Amanuensis Monday is a daily blogging prompt used by many genealogy bloggers to help them post content on their sites.
buy oral doxycycline An Amanuensis is a person employed to write what another dictates or to copy what has been written by another. Amanuensis Monday is a daily blogging theme which encourages the family historian to transcribe family letters, journals, audiotapes, and other historical artifacts. Not only do the documents contain genealogical information, the words breathe life into kin – some we never met – others we see a time in their life before we knew them. A fuller explanation can be found here.
Amanuensis Monday is a popular ongoing series created by John Newmark at Transylvanian Dutch.
Today, I’m transcribing the will of Nancy McSwain, my 3rd great-grandmother via:
- her son, David Jones Allen
- his daughter, Virginia Allen Smith
- her son
- his daughter
State of North Carolina
I, Nancy Allen of the aforesaid County and state, being of sound mind, but considering the uncertainty of my earthly existence to make and declare this my last will and testament.
- My executor hereinafter named shall give my body a decent burial, suitable to the wishes of my friends and relatives and pay all funeral expenses, together with all my just debts out of the money which may come into his hands belonging to my estate.
- I give and devise to my son David Jones Allen the track of land on which we now live containing 157 ½ acres more or less to have and to hold.
- I hereby constitute and appoint my son David J Allen my lawful executor to all intents and purposes to execute this my last will and testament according to the true intent and meaning of the same and every art and clause thereof hereby revoking and declaring utterly and all other wills and testaments by me heretofore made.
In witness whereof, I, the said Nancy Allen do hereunto set my hand and
[page 2] seal, this 10th day of May 1899.
Nancy X her mark Allen (seal)
Signed and sealed and published and declared by the said Nancy Allen to be her last will and testament in the present of me, who at her request and in her presence do subscribe our names as witnesses thereto.
Witnesses: TP Snuggs, Mary A Snuggs